Thursday, January 14, 2010

Juanel & Raymond Tahoe Queen Wedding photography


Some weddings are more memorable than others - I'm sure that Juanel and Raymond will remember their wedding forever! Like many weddings, it was full of fun and romance, but this one had a few hitches. My good friend Barton Brown was supposed to photograph this wedding, but his wife ended up in the hospital the day before, so he called me and Maria Elisa and I agreed to photograph the wedding. I actually shot a wedding on the Tahoe Queen over 20 years ago, so I have a bit of experience (OK, I don't feel that old!). There was a ton of fog, so except for some brief moments (which you'll see in the photos), we almost never saw the shore. Finally, to finish off the evening, the Tahoe Queen got stuck on a sandbar for over 2 hours! The staff was very gracious, the D.J. Derek Tarpey kept playing music, so the wait was fun. A tugboat couldn't budge us, so they transferred us to another boat, and we finally got put on shore. All in all, a memorable wedding! To see the slide show, click on the title, the photo, or here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics and I'm so glad you and your wife did a fabulous job! Sorry we held you hostage for the extra 2 hours, but we had a great time being stuck. ~Juanel and Raymond

Anonymous said...

From the pics it looks like it was a magical time and i am mad that i had to mis it. I just wanted to say i love u guys and congradulations. love Tyrus

Mr&Mrs Hunter! said...

Hey guys the wedding was beautiful we had a wonderful time an we don't mind being stuck as long as we get stuck with family like you! WE LOVE YOU

Frankie and James said...

Priceless. Just looking at them brought me right back into the moment. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your special day. We love you. --Frankie and James

Anonymous said...

These pictures are beautiful! I was hoping you weren't too upset about having to stay the extra time while we were stuck out there because we had a blast while being stuck! I'm referring you to one of my co-workers at Sac County.

Matron of Honor

Anonymous said...

Hello, and congrats on your wedding .The pictures tell it all it looks and , I know was very beautiful juanel. Enjoy and God bless your family Happy New year 2010. High School Buddie Athena. Also to your photography excellent picuturs.